Snakehead Software has been developing a new iPad game that takes music from your personal library and turns it into a futuristic motorcycle racing game. The only problem? We don’t have a name for it. If you come up with the winning name for our game, we’ll give you an iPod Touch. You’ll probably need to know more about the new iPad game (soon to be released on android as well) before you come up with the winning name, so let’s start there.
It’s a racing game set in a futuristic world (think TRON meets F-Zero). The players select a song from their own personal music library, (or one from several great new artists built-into the game). Once you’ve selected a song, the game analyzes the music to determine the notes, beat, frequency, etc and builds a randomized racetrack with the notes set upon the track. The player must then race down the track on their futuristic looking motorcycle, collecting as many of the notes as possible while listening to the music.
Once a player completes a race of a particular song, they may send challenges to other players to beat their score on that song. The challenged player may view a short clip of the challenger racing to that particular song, or even race against a “ghost” image of the challenger on the track to see how they raced to that song.
- The Grand Prize is an iPod touch.
- Five winners will be randomly selected to receive a FREE pre-release digital download of the game.
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- You can’t work for SnakeHead Software or any of its affiliates.
To enter: Send us your submission by email to email@example.com by 11/21/11 at 7 p.m. CST
Check the official rules for more information and good luck!
SnakeHead Software, LLC
Name That iPad Game
Official Promotion Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – SnakeHead Software, LLC (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Name That Game” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via judges selection (for Grand Prize) as well as a random selection from eligible entrants (First Prizes). The Promotion begins at 8:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on November 14, 2011 and ends at 7:00:00 PM CT on November 21, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other US territories) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, limited liability and affiliate companies and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Come up with a great new name for our upcoming, futuristic looking racing game where you race to hit the notes on the racetrack while listening to your favorite music. Don’t duplicate the name of any published game or otherwise copyrighted or trademarked product. It must use only English characters, though it doesn’t have to be English. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail enter the name you came up with. In the body of the e-mail provide your first/last name and date of birth. Multiple entries are allowed per person, per e-mail address, however each entry must be submitted separately. Only entries that are not duplicate names of other games or are otherwise not copyrighted or trademarked will be eligible entries. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries must be received over email – submitting a comment on a blog, on YouTube, or anywhere else across the great wide interwebs will not count as an official entry. Of course you are free to speculate, but remember – email if you want to win!
(5) First Prizes – Five (5) winners will be randomly selected and each will receive a FREE pre-release digital download of the game (in the iOS format). The prize will be fulfilled as a digital download, which the winner will install on his/her iPad using an Internet connection. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – The Grand Prize winner will be selected by a panel of judges and First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about November 21, 2011. Potential winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by e-mail (“Prize Notification”) and provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity/Photograph Release (“Affidavit”), which must be completed, (unless prohibited by law). The completed Affidavit must be returned within seven (7) days of Prize Notification; failure to respond in this period of time will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. If any potential prize winner is between the ages of 13 and 17, the prize will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who must complete the Affidavit with his/her information and provide proof of age and residency and outlined in the Affidavit. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize and First Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of Texas, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of Texas located in Austin, Texas and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – Also, the winners’ first initial and last name will be announced in public forums, blogs, etc. If you do not want this information made publicly available, then you should not enter this contest. To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than November November 21, 2011 and received no later than November 26, 2011 to: SnakeHead Software Name That Game Winners List, 4219 Adagio Place, Round Rock, TX 78681-1689. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
Sponsored & Administrated by:
SnakeHead Software, LLC
4219 Adagio Place
Round Rock, TX 78681-1689
©SnakeHead Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. SnakeHead Software and the SnakeHead Software logo are trademarks of SnakeHead Software, LLC. All trademarks on this page and used in this contest are the property of their particular owner.
Did you make it this far? Kudos to you! Good luck on your entry!